Posted Feb 1, 2023
Certified Personnel February 3, 2023
Job Title: Strength and Conditioning Coordinator
Work Location: High School
Start Date: 2023-2024 school year
Deadline: March 17, 2023
Contact: Brenda Frankart, Director of Federal Programs and Curriculum
Please submit electronic documents only - interested candidates should email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com
General Job Description: The Strength and Conditioning Coordinator is responsible for establishing and maintaining a strength and conditioning educational program for students in grades 9-12, with the three major goals of improving athletic performance, reducing athletic injuries, and teaching lifelong fitness and movement skills. The Strength and Conditioning Specialist devises training plans according to sound athletic principles, supervises training sessions, evaluates athletes, maintains records, and teaches strength, conditioning and wellness classes.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required with an emphasis in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, or Physical Education.
License: Requires certification as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide proper instruction, supervision, and motivation to students and athletes.
● Collaborate with teachers and coaches to incorporate desired program goals.
● Assist with the daily maintenance and upkeep of training facilities.
● Work closely with the staff to help improve injury prevention and facilitate rehabilitation.
● Ensure a safe and productive working environment, enforcing all codes of conduct.
● Teach and demonstrate proper techniques for various forms of strength training.
● Teach and demonstrate knowledge of speed, agility, and flexibility training.
● Teach and advise students and athletes on proper methods of rest and recovery.
● Provide basic nutritional guidelines for students and athletes.